[Merkaartor] Auto-updating merkaartoLinux/OSX sysadmin input requested

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Fri Oct 8 08:51:45 BST 2010

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010, Ed Avis wrote:

> If you want to make speedy, auto-updating releases for a particular Linux flavour
> the best way is to make your own package repository.  Users can then add this
> to their list of package sources and they will be prompted to update Merkaartor
> in the same way as other packages.
>
> The only trouble is you'd probably end up making one repository for each distro.

openSUSE BuildService already offers this. It builds for all larger
distributions automatically. I personally only care for the
RPM-distributions. If someone is willing to take care of the deb-based
ones, then help is welcome.

Currently the build service supports these:

openSUSE: Factory, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3
SUSE:     SLE-11 SP 1, SLE-11, SLE-10, SLES-9
Debian:   5.0, Etch
Fedora:   13, 12
RedHat:   RHEL-5, RHEL-4
CentOS:   CentOS-5
Mandriva: 2010.1, 2010, 2009.1
Ubuntu:   10.04, 9.10, 9.04, 8.04, 6.06

Note, that merkaartor usually can't be build for older distributions, as
it always uses fancy new Qt features which aren't available for older
systems (and upgrading QT requires a lot of changes).

Ciao