[Merkaartor] Walking Papers

Etienne Ruedin Ruedin at gmx.net
Wed Oct 20 08:32:07 BST 2010

Good Morning

At File > Open I can open 'geotagged images (*.jpg)'.
If Merkaartor cannot find EXIF Data it asked me, if it should extract information from the Walking-Papers barcode (and three other possibilites).

After a while ('uloading 0%') an error message is displayed: (german:) "Zeitüberschreitung im Netzwerk. Kann die Details zum Foto nicht vom Walking Papers Server lesen." (english: "Timeout on the network. Can not read the details about the photo of Walking Papers servers.")

Because for two days I cannot anymore upload walking papers to walking-papers.org, this could be an error at walking papers, but at the OSM wiki it is written, that walking papers can be used at walking-papers.org and at JOSM. No inoformation about Merkaartor is given.

It could be:
- upload of walking papers at Merkaartor: not a function now (I did not find some information about it)
- troubles on walking-papers.org
- problem with my walking papers (I tried with about five different ones)

Is it usually possible to open geotagged images (*.jpg) / walking papers from walking-papers.org?

Best regards
Etienne
--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 €/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit