[Merkaartor] Drawing buildings

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Wed Sep 8 23:08:56 BST 2010

> irregularely shaped polygon more rectangular. Instead of trying to

 describe the idea and confuse everyone, I have attached a drawing
> that should explain it.
>
> "A picture is worth a thousand words" ;-)

Now that I get the general idea, question is how to calculate 1) and 2)...

I understand 1) and 2) as the nodes so that one of its adjacent segment is
parallel and has the same length as its opposite side, right?
How do you calculate the length of the other moving sides? Do they stay the
same and are rotated so that they make a 90° angle with the side that
remains fixed?

Would that be supposed to work for polygon with a number of sides != 4 or
just for rectangular areas?

- Chris -