[Merkaartor] License

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Mon Feb 7 16:24:21 GMT 2011

Hello,

for openSUSE build I was asked to clearify license:

> The merkaartor has a mix of licenses which makes it difficult to
> determine what the license of the actual resulting binary should be. The
> LICENSE file for the package contains a copy of the GPLv2. There are
> various indications in the package that the package is GPLv2+ licensed.
>
> The spec file for the package is far too general. It just states 'GPL'.
>
> There are also indications in the package that there are GPLv3 files
> (see plugins/background/MCadastreFranceBackground) and GPLv2 "only" (see
> merkaartor-0.17.0/src/Main.cpp where the license is displayed as:
> fprintf(stdout, "This program is licensed under the GNU Public License
> v2\n");)

So please could you tell me what version of GPL is used?

I would suggest GPLv2+, as this is probably the most generic one. In case
there is really V3 code included, then V3 is minimum. V3 and V2 only would
be illegal BTW, so I hope there is not really V2 only code.

Ciao