[Merkaartor] Tracing geotiff files in Merkaartor

Manoj Bist manoj.bist1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 22:46:41 GMT 2011

Hi,

I am using  v0.17.2 of Merkaartor on Ubuntu Karmic (thanks Chris for
pointing me to the right version to build).

I want to add a Geotiff file as a data source over which I can do tracing.
To do that I right click on the map-tab. But I do not see any option to add
a geotiff.

This was available in v 0.16.3 according to this blog.

http://www.aubreyrhea.net/gis/?s

I would really appreciate if someone could let me know how I can accomplish
this in Merkaartor.

I am planning to switch to Merkaartor from josm since Merkaartor supports
Geotiff.

Thanks,

--MB