[Merkaartor] No compile of GIT version with gdal 1.7.3

Manuel Reimer Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de
Sat Jan 1 18:53:11 GMT 2011

Chris Browet wrote:
> You must consider git as VERY unstable for the moment, as I'm doing mucho
> cleanup/reorganization of the code.

OK and thanks for the *very* fast feedback!

> Please stick to 0.17.0 for a couple of weeks. This has the additional
> benefit of detecting remaining bugs for the mainstream, package, users.

I'll do so.

> As for the required libraries, the only impact is for the git users who must
> install those libraries (and I'm sure most already had them, anyway). It is
> transparent for the packaged users, for which the dependency was mostly
> already there.

I compile my packages on my own (Slackware SlackBuild) and at least for 0.16 no
of those requirements had to be installed. Anyways this is no big issue for me.
It took me about 15 minutes to install those dependencies (including compile time).

> It however simplifies code maintenance for me big time...

Then it is, in fact, a good idea to use those libraries.

Yours

Manuel