[Merkaartor] What happend in the latest 0.18 version; deleted roads don't get deleted when uploading

Richard Brinkman richardbrinkman at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 7 16:08:38 GMT 2011

I think this is related to the bug I submitted not so long ago: http://merkaartor.be/issues/3212
Apparently it is not only relations that get duplicated, but also ways.

Richard

Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:58:36 +0100
From: milo at dogodigi.net
To: merkaartor at openstreetmap.org
Subject: [Merkaartor] What happend in the latest 0.18 version; deleted roads don't get deleted when uploading

Hello people,

I am using the marcusls repository for ubuntu maverick to stay up to date with the latest merkaartor.

Yesterday I recieved a new version of merkaartor, Since then strange things start to happen:

1. I delete a road or move a road
2. I upload changes
3. When I quit merkaartor en restart it, I find double roads and nodes
4. When I try to delete the nodes it says they cannot be removed because they belong to way xxx

I decided to check what was going on in josm.
When I delete the same nodes in josm that cause the error at step 4, they do get deleted
I also see the double roads in josm (see screenshot: http://www.dogomaps.net/Screenshot-2.png) but I am able to remove them when using josm

One of the roads that is problematic is:

Way id=93712961 9 nodes; Data set: 11B16; User: [id:7702 name:milovanderlinden]; ChangeSet id: 692AC1; Timestamp: 2011-01-07T12:39:39Z, Version: 1
  tags:
    "highway"="residential"

  nodes:
    1088192294
    335714709
    1088195243
    1088195263
    335714710
    1088195273
    335714711
    335714672
    335714712

I left it there including the erroneous road that is showing on top of it so a developer might be able to check what is going on.

Does anybody have a clue on what might be going on? My perfectly working merkaartor has suddenly become unusable with the latest version.