[Merkaartor] GPS track problem in version 18 ?

Totor totor_osm at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 13:50:08 GMT 2011

--- On Sun, 1/30/11, Chris Browet  wrote:
On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 12:10, Chris Browet  wrote:

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 12:04, Josef Latt  wrote:

Am 30.01.2011 07:55, schrieb Totor:

> Hmm this is weird, here is the complete text...

> Hi,

I recently updated from v17 to v18 under Ubuntu 10.10 because I had
occasional hang-ups with 0.17.Now I can not see downloaded gps tracks
anymore.

> Saving takes forever and creates huge files (several Gb for small areas).

> I even recompiled 0.18-dev-120-g1fcf43a with same result.

> In the saved file, it seems many trackpoint tags are opened and
not closed until the end of the file. Spaces are also inserted making
the file so big.

> see sample file here (7kb):

> http://osm.totor.ph/test.mdc.zip

> Reinstalling version 17 solves the problem.

> Has anybody else noticed this?

I notice this in dependency of the zoom level. If the zoom level is less

than 2km tracks are shown. Is it more then 2km no tracks are shown.

Yep, saw that there was an issue with track segments, too

Both issues should be solved, now.

I confirm the 2 problems are solved. Thanks.

Totor