[Merkaartor] splines and hdop vdop for imported gpx tracks

Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski curious at bwv190.internetdsl.tpnet.pl
Thu Jun 30 14:28:49 BST 2011

Hello. when editing many imported gpx track, it struck me that
even though gps data contains hdop vdop snr, no. of sattelites etc.
each point on the imported track is so deterministic.

this inspires me to speculate - would it not be better to
use splines (curved arcs) to whose points read from gps log would be just
attractors, of varying strenght - depending on snr, vdop/hdop , no of
sattelites in view, etc?

even though it would perhaps not really improve precission of 'estimated'
spline path, it could allow to quickly estimate which points seem to be
'out of blue' - they would be more off the spline than others, suggesting
this part of gps path has some issues.