[Merkaartor] "precondition" errors in Merkaartor

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Sun Sep 22 04:12:05 UTC 2013

I've been using merkaartor-0.13.2 on Linux Fedora 9 on my laptop for
several years, and it always worked fine with the 0.6 API. As I recall I
installed it from the Fedora repository; there is no newer version for FC9.

This year when I tried to do some edits I get "precondition failed"
errors on upload, and my data is not accepted (at least, a road is not
accepted though some nodes seem to have been added).

When I look with Wireshark there is a more detailed message:

Error: Precondition failed: Way 24818728 requires the nodes with id in
(0), which either do not exist, or are not visible.

I'm not quite sure what that means, or if there's anything I can do about
it. I presume something changed on the server.

Is there any information about this ?

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada