[Merkaartor] Windows testing needed

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Apr 30 19:13:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 20:59:54 +0200, Ladislav Laska wrote:
> I've compiled a Windows version, that needs some testing. It's based on
> the latest -git version, and is 64bit only (unforunately, 32bit version
> does not work yet).

Nice. So cool to see some activity in this project again.

> If you have a 64bit windows, please, test it and let me know about bugs,
> suggestions (even if you found none).

Does it matter if we point out shortcomings that had been there before?
:-) I haven't done much mapping recently, but I truely liked Merkaartor
best of all the available tools.

> Also, if you feel like compiling from source, you can try msys2. But
> only the 64bit debug version works (release requires patched Qt, due to
> a bug that will be fixed in qt 5.4.2). The process is documented in
> INSTALL.

Could you point to a github issue and (/or) to a Digia issue tracker
please? I like reading up on stuff like this.

Cheers,
Moritz