[Merkaartor] Fixing bugs and adding features for newbies & hackers

Ladislav Laska laska at kam.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Jan 20 18:55:04 UTC 2015

Hi!

Some short news. I've been migrating the old redmine bug database to github
recently. I have a copy here (please, don't report new bugs there, and don't
copy bugs to the new tracker without proper testing):

https://github.com/Krakonos/merkaartor-oldbugs

I noticed there were some minor changes, and some bigger changes, which do not
require deeper knowledge. Therefore, I created labels "Newbie friendly" and
"Hacker friendly" in the new tracker, marking the bugs I *think* would be really
easy (newbie), or more involved, but without deeper knowledge of merkaartor
(hacker).

If you want to help and get your hands dirty with some C++, these are probably
good way to start. I will gladly give you some hints, just drop me a line what
are you interested in.

Btw. I will be updating the HACKING file soon, with more info on hacking.

Have a nice day!

--
S pozdravem Ladislav Láska                          <laska at kam.mff.cuni.cz>
Katedra Aplikované Matematiky, MFF UK               tel.: +420 739 464 167