[Merkaartor] Failed to build on Mageia 4

Paul Bivand paul.bivand at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 3 20:14:08 UTC 2015

Hi all

I was trying to build Merkaartor on my Mageia 4 64-bit.

The repository version was 18.1 so presumably before the recent revival.

So I downloaded a current source file from Github and tried to follow
instructions.

It builds, but will not build the plugins.

Is there a simple guide to what sort of dependencies I need to load?

I presume there's a rpm specfile for the Mageia 18.1 versions somewhere.

I vaguely remember that somewhere on the old wiki there was a guide to
compiling, which I haven't found recently.

Looks like Mageia will be on the QT4 version for a little while yet (the 5
version that is now at RC state has default KDE 4 with option for Plasma 5).

Merkaartor does fit very well within my KDE system, unlike JOSM which I can't
just get my head around. I originally went with Merkaartor as my system was
low spec and running something that had the same system libraries made sense.
I have run Merkaartor successfully on an eeepc netbook.

Thanks for reviving Merkaartor.

Paul