[Merkaartor] Unable to Import Shape File

Ladislav Laska laska at kam.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Mar 16 23:06:35 UTC 2016

Hi!

It might be platform dependant, as in bug #95:

https://github.com/openstreetmap/merkaartor/issues/95

Shapefile is imported via GDAL, and the GDAL code is soooo rusty. Unfortunately,
I haven't had time to fix it yet.

If it's on linux, I'd try using different GDAL version (1.x if you're having
trouble with 2.x), as some interface has been changed and I might have made a
mistake in the 2.x port.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 10:52:57PM +0000, Toby Speight wrote:
> 0> In article <CAEgpe_kmigbUNgsDOoARR_N09HQyT9U1zmSDQOLdEhogwmkWkQ at mail.gmail.com>,
> 0> PARTH LOYA <URL:mailto:parth_loya at berkeley.edu> ("Parth") wrote:
>
> Parth> I am using Merkaartor to convert shape file into osm file. I am
> Parth> trying to import the shape file but I am getting the following
> Parth> error -
> Parth>
> Parth> No Valid file
> Parth> xyz.shp could not be opened
>
> It may be helpful to know a bit more about the file (e.g. projection,
> coordinate system etc.)  What does "ogrinfo -al -where null xyz.shp"
> report?

S pozdravem Ladislav Láska                          <laska at kam.mff.cuni.cz>
Katedra Aplikované Matematiky, MFF UK               tel.: +420 739 464 167