[OSM-newbies] Impatient or doing something wrong.

Ralf Zimmermann Ralf at Zimmermann.com
Mon Jul 16 15:14:41 BST 2007

Raphael Mack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, den 16.07.2007, 14:22 +0100 schrieb Andrew Benn:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm not sure if I'm impatient or doing something wrong.
>> I've opened my track file in JOSM, marked them with nodes, segments and
>> ways (still learning the rights and wrongs of tags) and uploaded the
>> changes back to the server. But nothing turns up on the map. Please
>> could someone have a look to see if I'm doing something wrong.
>>

> I don't think you made something wrong. The Mapnik tiles are only
> rendered once a week (I think on Wednesday) and so it may take some days
> until your changes are reflected. If you choose the osmarender layer
> (with the blue + sign on the right side of the map) you'll see "newer"
> data. These you can trigger to be rerendered by zooming to level 12 an
> CTRL-Click on the area you want to refresh on the following site:
>
> http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=52.79102633049646&lon=-2.077585220376632&zoom=13&layers=0B00F00
>
> Have fun,
> Rapha

As Rapha points out - have a look at the osmarender layer.
At informationfreeway, you can even request your area to be rendered:
http://www.informationfreeway.org/

I have one comment to your tagging:
"Porlock Avenue" is missing a "highway" tag, therefore it will not show
up on any of the rendered maps.

Ralf
Munich, Germany