[OSM-newbies] GPS Tracks and OSM Server

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 17:47:58 BST 2007

On 7/31/07, Joe Hildreth <xavier at gtec.com> wrote:

> Observation: I bought a Garmin GPS 60 to do my mapping with. I have been
> recording tracks every second and this works out great. However, I
> discovered while doing a 160 Mile track that if you save a track to that you
> can keep going and not run out of memory that the track you save is rendered
> as 500 points. You lose lots of detail. Just thought I would pass that
> along.

I noticed that too when I saved tracks on my Venture Cx. It only
applies to the internal memory (which only holds 10,000 trackpoints),
but I've got a microSD card in it now so I've set it to save the
tracks to the card too.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/User:Gravitystorm#Settings

Cheers,
Andy