[OSM-newbies] Glossary

Dirk-Lüder Kreie deelkar at gmx.de
Mon Mar 12 12:54:04 GMT 2007

X-Post to Talk and newbies list.

Hi,

I created a small glossary for OSM/GIS Terms on the wiki[1]. RalfZ and
Ben have also been contributing so far.
It's still quite short, and nowhere near complete, so I'd like the
newbies to ask about terms they don't understand and of the veterans I
ask they stop by and amend it with terms of our own nomenclature that
can be defined in a dictionary-like manner for more complicated subjects
there's always the regular wiki pages.

I know I would like to have had this when I started with OSM, but now
I'm too familiar with terms to actually remember I had to learn about
them first.

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie