[OSM-newbies] FREE GPS software

Bettersoftware barry at bettersoftware.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 20:59:12 GMT 2007

Hi everyone

If you would like to try some FREE fully functional GPS software developed by myself in VB.NET to run on a laptop contact barry at bettersoftware.co.uk, All you need is a £30 approx receiver.

This software will indicate you position on maps extracted from OSM, record journeys(tracks), playback same, export same to GPX format. (I've uploaded these to OSM ). It has UK speed camera warning capabilities, postcode look up (from freethepostcode) Speedo/compass instruments and many more facilities.

It's taken about 5 months of effort to develop and needs willing users to validate the code, suggest improvements etc. (It hasn't been tried east of the Greenwich!!!!) or south of the Equator, but it has been tried in California and Arizona)

If there's enough interest I'll upload it to my WEB site and start a forum if needed.

If you would like some example screen shots - just ask

Regards

Barry