[OSM-newbies] merging GPX files

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Wed Mar 14 00:12:16 GMT 2007

On 13 Mar 2007, at 22:50, Christoph Eckert wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 13. März 2007 23:16 schrieb Francis Augusto Medeiros:
>
>> My question: how can I merge these logs into a big log? Is it
>> possible?
>
> Maybe http://www.gpsbabel.org can do it. If you are on Linux and you
> prefer a GUI, maybe http://gebabbel.sourceforge.net is useful.
>
>> That would save me much trouble because when I have to
>> edit, I could just load a single file and when I get more logs I'd
>> merge it to the big log.
>
> in JOSM you can open multiple files at once. Try shift-clicking on the
> files to open in the file selector dialog.

Probably also worth working out why OSM's not accepting the files in
the first place, could you make one available on a website somewhere,
or perhaps send me a small one directly? You'll probably find that
gpsbabel can convert them from your current format to a format that
OSM would accept though.

FWIW I love Mobitrack Pro for my J2ME needs but unfortunately it's
not free, also this one has been mentioned recently: http://
www.substanceofcode.com/software/mobile-trail-explorer/ - the one you
mention looks interesting though, I might try it out myself.

John