[OSM-newbies] merging GPX files

Francis Augusto Medeiros francis at mgate.com.br
Wed Mar 14 00:47:56 GMT 2007

On 13 de mar de 2007, at 19:50, Christoph Eckert wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 13. März 2007 23:16 schrieb Francis Augusto Medeiros:
>
>> My question: how can I merge these logs into a big log? Is it
>> possible?
>
> Maybe http://www.gpsbabel.org can do it. If you are on Linux and you
> prefer a GUI, maybe http://gebabbel.sourceforge.net is useful.

I've found gpsbabel too complicate for that - it doesn't seem that
its gui makes it easy.

I'm on a Mac, by the way...

>> That would save me much trouble because when I have to
>> edit, I could just load a single file and when I get more logs I'd
>> merge it to the big log.
>
> in JOSM you can open multiple files at once. Try shift-clicking on the
> files to open in the file selector dialog.
>
> HTH,

Gosh, I feel stupid! I thought I tried that and it didn't work, but
it works!! :D

By the way, only sometimes pressing control-arrows works on moving
around the map - sometimes it ceases to work. As we don't use 2
buttons mices on the Mac, I wonder if this can be fixed...

Cheers,

Francis