[OSM-newbies] GPS receiver recommendation

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Fri Mar 23 07:41:56 GMT 2007

On 22 Mar 2007, at 17:25, SteveC wrote:

> Hi
<snip>

> Ian Sealy wrote:
>> round with me, although I do have a Sony Ericsson P900 mobile
>> phone, so
>> maybe there are other options.

I think it really shouldn't go without being said. With a Sony
Ericsson P900 you should be able to get a really cheap bluetooth GPS
receiver and some equally cheap (or free) J2ME software. In GB you
wouldn't have to pay more than about 40 pounds and you can end up
with a high quality GPS/chipset that has no problems recording a
week's worth of tracks. I've been using this for a year and have no
intention whatsoever to change (in fact about the only thing I want
to do is get another similar setup).

John