[OSM-newbies] [Talk-GB] Sheffield Mapping Party

Mark Williams mark.666 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 23:16:29 GMT 2007

On Friday 23 Mar 2007 21:58, John McKerrell wrote:
[In Talk-GB]
> Good luck to every one who's going to Sheffield. I had hoped to get
> across but won't be able to make it.
>
> '"Currently we have mapped large portions of the country, including
> all the motorways and most of the primary roads," said spokesman Andy
> Robinson.'
>
> I just commented on IRC that the motorways near to me (Liverpool)
> haven't been done, but I think the problem is that they've been
> marked as segments, not ways. I'll try to do them over the weekend.

The A13 in Essex was, er how can I put this, not very good. I've disentangled
it from the railway & removed the third carriageway... & hopefully the
one-ways are all the same way now...
Not much of it left to go :)

Strangely rewarding activity, really.

I need a route-finder to see if routing works, which would be handy. Is there
such a thing already? Or can I put it in the Garmin & see if it works?

Mark