[OSM-newbies] Will the real track please step forward

Christopher Woods christof at infinitus.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 00:27:51 BST 2007

I'm glad I'm not the only person experiencing "oddities" with track results;
I drove around Birmingham for about two hours and got fairly expected
results - but at one point I got caught up in rush hour traffic, and the
resulting track whilst I was stuck in slow-moving queues is all over the
place! I have a Qstarz BT-Q880 (little oblong blue receiver, sits in the
palm of your hand nicely) fwiw.

Interestingly though, all my results seem to be (consistently) slightly
adrift when compared to the existing ways and paths... Any reason for this,
or any way to fix? I can post my raw .gpx conversions if anybody wants to
take a look for themselves. I'm currently wading about inside JOSM trying to
figure out how to correctly convert my results into properly-formatted data
to upload, but I've not submitted anything yet.

First post to the list, also. Hi all :)