[OSM-newbies] Eadding nodes to ways in JOSM

Chris Fleming me at chrisfleming.org
Tue Mar 27 12:08:30 BST 2007

Richard Endersby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sure that there is an easy answer to this, but I'm stumped :-(
>
> How do you add a node to an existing way in JOSM?
>
> I'm running the latest version (re-downloaded today) on XP.

Okay, this is simple :)

You need to pick the "Add Node into segment", click on the plus icon of
the add node icon (this is the forth icon down on the left hand menubar,
represented by a node symbol). This will give three option, Add Node,
Add Node into Segement, and Add Node and Connect. I think the crucial
part here is to click on the plus in order to get the sub menu.

Pick the second option, Add Node into Segment

Now click on the way that you want to add the node to, it should now be
in place.

Cheers
Chris

--