[OSM-newbies] Even newer users

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 18:14:11 BST 2007

On 3/29/07, Mark Williams <mark.666 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> If somebody starts putting new segments down all over a bit I've already
> mapped, how can I find out who it is so I can send a polite e-mail
> a) introducing myself so we can share the area constructively, &
> b) telling them JOSM has a 'download' button?
>
> I suspect now Mapnik has caught up (after _2_ weeks!) the problem may go away,
> but I'd still like to find out who?

You can't currently, I'm afraid. This is part of what is known in the
OSM community as "wiki-like features", and they are a bit thin on the
ground. Another example would be finding out when a particular feature
was altered, or being able to give a reason as to why things were
changed.

We'll be heading in that direction, but there's no timescale for these
developments, and developers are thin on the ground too!

Andy