[OSM-newbies] Data layer doesn't look like track shape

Lauri Hahne lauri.hahne at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 07:28:16 BST 2008

2008/4/21 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> I've opened track1 and track1-waypoints in josm, but when I convert track1 to
>  a data layer it looks like a child's scribble, joining the dots of a grid -
>  long, zig-zags that bear no relationship to the walk I did.  What's wrong?

You shouldn't convert anything to data layer directly because it will
look like crap and include noise and other errors. Instead you should
draw your roads using the tracks as reference. This is because you
have some insight into what sort of streets you're doing and you know
what should be a straigth road or a sharp corner etc.

--
Lauri Hahne