[OSM-newbies] projection and airspace structure

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Wed Aug 13 14:09:05 BST 2008

El Miércoles, 13 de Agosto de 2008, Wim de Vries escribió:
> Hi,
> If I download a map (export) which projection (e.g. Lambert) is used in
> the output map and can I enable longitudes on latitudes on the map?

By default, everything on the OSM main webserver uses spherical mercator
(EPSG:900913).

Try out www.informationfreeway.org - it's the same openlayers, but showing
another layer by default, with the WGS84 lat/lon coordinates shown in a
corner.

> Is there any interest from OSM in airspace structure data (Air traffic
> control spaces etc.).

There are some airports done by OSM enthusiasts - it would be nice to get that
data, but there is no organized effort to do so AFAIK.

Cheers,
--

MSN:i_eat_s_p_a_m_for_breakfast at hotmail.com
Jabber:ivansanchez at jabber.org ; ivansanchez at kdetalk.net