[OSM-newbies] Welcome myself

Pablo Vega ezquieta at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 15:58:08 BST 2008

Just new to openstreetmap. Did a couple edits so far.
In fact, I'm at the early stage of a project for which data from
openstreetmap would be of much help, but of course sometime I could need
some edits on the data.
Any edit of the data that could be good to my project, would also be good to
openstreetmap, so I don´t want to just download, but also upload, therefore:
If I downloaded files from planet.osm and dump that info into a postgresql,
which the appropriate way to send my edits back to openstreetmap? Just
export from postgresql into JOSM (don´t know how, but I bet there is a way)
and upload from there? Won´t that end in horrible overlapping of features?

--
Pablo Vega