[OSM-newbies] Query about Osmarender layer

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Fri Aug 29 11:20:45 BST 2008

After reading the wiki, I'm still not entirely sure how the osmarender layer gets regenerated, although I did find that you can request a re-render of a given square by visiting a certain website and pressing r for that square when at zoom level 12.

I have requested such re-renders a couple of times recently. The first instance was when the centre of Clacton got re-rendered using data that was over a week old (losing all my recent additions that had been showing previously). More recently (indeed currently, as the rerender request I put in yesterday evening either hasn't got to the top of the queue or didn't help) there is one square covering Thorpe-le-Soken, to the northeast of Clacton, where the sea has rendered as land and the land as sea (i.e. blue).

Will these oddities be down to bugs in the software used to generate the osmarender layer? Or perhaps there are some users using out of date software or data to do the generation?

Can anyone help me understand how these things work? Usually my changes get picked up fairly quickly (the ones I made yesterday have been, but Jaywick from the day before in an adjacent square haven't).

Thanks

Ed