[OSM-newbies] Cyclemap rendering

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 22:09:51 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Maxwell Lucas <maxtheheathen at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I'm working on mapping mountain bike and hiking trails, and I've noticed
> that ways tagged highway=path don't render on the Cycle Map layer. There's a
> dearth of info about the cycle map renderer on the wiki. Should I just tag
> trails highway=footway in the meantime?

The mantra is: "Never tag for the renderers."

What about highway:cycleway with a foot:yes tag as well, or
highway:footway with bicycle:yes depending on which way you want to
go.

If it doesn't render properly, then you're supposed to complain to
whoever looks after setting the rendering rules.

James
VE6SRV