[OSM-newbies] Coastlines

Douglas Luery Douglas at Luery.com
Fri Feb 1 19:41:45 GMT 2008

Many thanks to Rob Ried and Martin Verwijmeren for their help with the
Antigua coastline.

I have been mapping Antigua using the Potlatch editor and Yahoo images but a
lot of Map Features do not appear to work with Potlatch, particularly with
the Mapnik base layer. This is in spite of a lot of experimenting
(blundering about) on my part.

I feel there is a real need for a "OSM for Dummies" (I do mean real
Dummies!) as all my many attempts to to work with JOSM have failed, in spite
of an apparently detailed guide on how to get started in JOSM! - I
apparently do not have the assumed level of computer competence - am I a
lost cause?

Douglas Luery