[OSM-newbies] Working on Manhattan

topo at joelertola.com topo at joelertola.com
Fri Feb 8 15:55:42 GMT 2008

Ok I added connections to the street for the main park. But I left the
foot paths for little triangular park unconnected to the street. It is
not clear to me where these paths should end. They exit the park at
the sidewalk but you would not want to cross the street at those points.

On a similar subject I was working on the West Side Highway last
night. http://www.openstreetmap.org/?
lat=40.7482&lon=-74.00846&zoom=16. If you look at the area with the
Edit tab I think you can see what I have done. There are places where
pedestrians can cross the highway at traffic lights. Should I draw a
pedestrian crossing line across the street at those places? If so the
ends of those lines will not touch anything as the map does not show
sidewalks. Also should I put in traffic lights?

-Joe