[OSM-newbies] Polygons and Properties

Stuart stuart.srsm at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 16:47:55 GMT 2008

Hi

I'm trying to create a woodland type map which will require lots of
different polygons e.g. Museum building outline, country house building
outline, garden, conifer trees, broadleaf trees etc

I have created closed ways for some of these features but don't know what
properties will create a polygon. E.g. I created a school playground polygon
and called it Amenity: school. This created a nice polygon but I have tried
other Presets on JOSM but most refer to point features e.g. Museum. So how
do I know which Preset Properties are for polygons and which are for points?

Note the closed ways which I could not label appeared only in MapLint.

I intend to use a local version of osmarenderer so don't really care about
formatting as long as a closed way gets through to the OSM data file as a
polygon.

Cheers

PS

I posted this same comment on the Wiki Talk: Josm. I'm not sure if that is
the appropriate forum for a question - speaking of forum I can't figure out
the attraction of a mailing list over a forum. Seems designed to make life
harder for all involved.