[OSM-newbies] Losing tags

Mark Williams mark.666 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 19:54:44 GMT 2008

Andy Robinson (blackadder) wrote:
> Anne Wilson
>> Sent: 26 February 2008 10:32 AM
>> To: newbies at openstreetmap.org
>> Subject: Re: [OSM-newbies] Losing tags

>> download
>>> Now you've got me.  Do you mean that I have to download immediately I get
>>> back from walking, without saving?  If so, everything I've done so far is
>>> no good at all.

Just to clarify one point, 'Saved tracks' here means saved by menu on
the Garmin - If you have a memory card or can set your device to
function as USB stick (eg Vista Cx which I use), the tracks saved on the
card as you use it normally, are fine.

So you can clear your tracks, carry on mapping, and still have 2 months
worth of useful data on board, and upload tracks much later.

Mark