[OSM-newbies] Culdesacs

David Newman dfn at MIT.EDU
Sat Nov 15 20:09:58 GMT 2008

> Should I create a circular way for the roundabout?  If so, how many
> nodes?  Needs at
> least five to make it look circular.  In my area, many of the mini
> rounabouts are
> actually teardrop shaped.

That's what I did.  I created 3 nodes on my GPS track that were
on the edge of the circle and then used the create circular way
tool to create a circular way.  Then I set the highway type to
turning_circle or mini_roundabout.

When you say your mini-roundabouts are teardrop shaped do you mean in the data
or in reality?  Mine were round in reality but the tiger data had them as tear dropped.
So I deleted the tiger versions, recreated them as circular and set them to
mini-roundabout.

-Dave