[OSM-newbies] viewing osm on mobile

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Wed Oct 29 02:17:53 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 29 October 2008 06:36:15 am H.S.Rai wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:35 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves
>
> <lawgon at thenilgiris.com> wrote:
> > tried viewing the osm on my mobile, and could not get anything except the
> > lefthand text matter - is there some setting/site where I can view on a
> > mobile?
>
> See if this going to help you.
>
> http://www.mgmaps.com/

I use WhereAmI on my nokia and can navigate all over South India wherever
there are maps. But that is not my question. I want to view the OSM website
on my mobile

> I tries a long time back [a year back]. It was wonderful. Even I using
> http://downloads.cloudmade.com/asia/india and
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OSM_Map_On_Garmin I was able
> to get maps of India, with all detail I put on OSM.

I have done this also. btw, which part of India are you mapping? I am
concentrating on Ooty and coimbatore, although I have done some of Mangalore,
Mumbai and Kolhapur area.

--
regards
KG