[OSM-newbies] Trig points

Al Girling acgirling at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 6 12:47:36 BST 2008

Hi folks,

I added my first trig point to the map earlier this week.  Following the
tagging method from the features page I added the flush bracket number,
which I copied from the trig point itself, with ref=S4110.  There is an
option for a tag tpuk_ref=*.  I don't recall seeing anything on the trig
point itself, but then it was slightly damaged, and used the information
from trigpointinguk.com to provide, what they call, a waypoint number.
However, looking at their terms and conditions it seems that most of
their info is Ordnance Survey copyright so I removed that.

Does anyone know where I might find a version I might use, or indeed,
should it have been available from the trig point itself?

Toodle pip,

Al

--
Al Girling