[OSM-newbies] (city) boundaries?

Ted Mielczarek ted.mielczarek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 20:42:00 BST 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 12:00 PM, David Carmean <dlc at halibut.com> wrote:

> I'm looking/working primarily in California, and I don't see any city
> boundaries (at least in my area).  Has this just not been a high priority?
> I know there are PD sources of city boundaries, and I wonder why these
> haven't just been imported wholesale?

It probably just hasn't been a priority for anyone. I started an import of
the US State boundaries from the TIGER shapefiles, and had some help
finishing it, then someone else imported the county shapefiles, but likely
nobody bothered with city boundaries. If you have a source and want to
import them, then go ahead!

-Ted