[OSM-newbies] Going mad try to add my village!

Celso González celso at mitago.net
Fri Feb 6 12:41:07 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 02:23:57PM +0200, Gary Sims wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just recently found openstreetmap and I think it is a great project.
> I discovered that my village (in Romania) isn't on the map, so I went
> out in my car with my GPS and I recorded a initial segment of data. I
> have successfully uploaded the GPX file to OSM.
>
> The URL of my first trace is:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Gary%20Sims/traces/307863
>
> OK, so I downloaded Josm and the suggested plugins. I then downloaded
> the area from the server. The problem is that my GPX trace doesn't
> appear. So I manually opened the GPX file and still nothing. On the
> layers section I see a GPX layer but hiding it or showing it doesn't
> change the map!

Ok, i think the problem is because the time interval between each point,
there are even minutes between one point and another.

I quick way to fix that small gpx trace.

Open the gpx-trace manually (josm name_of_the_trace.gpx)
Select the gpx layer
Right button and Convert to data layer

Edit normally and upload

--