[OSM-newbies] Going mad try to add my village!

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 15:06:17 GMT 2009

On 06/02/2009, Gary Sims <gary.sims at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all your suggestions so far, the only thing that worked was
> to "convert to data layer" and then my trace showed up.
>
> Things are going better now, but I am nervous about uploading my
> changes... Is there any way to see what changes I will be uploading
> before actually committing the edits?
>
> Also once I mark a series a nodes as a "way" and tag them as
> "highway/secondary" is there anyway to select that highway again as
> once I go on to edit something else the highway disappears. Where do I
> get at it again?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary
> --
> Gary Sims
> skype/yahoo/aim: garyinvulcan

The fact that none of the lines show up when editing sounds like a
more general issue with the software, as a stop-gap solution, enable
wireframe mode on the view menu. That should force a simple rendering
of the data, rather than all the complex detail that the normal view
displays.
--
Regards,
Thomas Wood