[OSM-newbies] Defining circular route bus on twoway streets

Arlindo Pereira nighto at nighto.net
Thu Feb 12 04:17:38 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm starting to map the bus routes here on Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. One of
the routes is a circular route, i.e. the bus routes start and end on the
same place. But there's a problem: the last two streets on the end of the
route are two-way, so OSM thinks that the end of the route is actually on
the beginning of those two-way streets, because it already passed those
streets the other way.

Maybe it's easier to explain by looking the route on the map:
http://betaplace.emaitie.de/webapps.relation-analyzer/osm.jsp?relationId=76813
As you can see, the routes ends on the blue dot on the right, when it
actually should end on the blue dot on the left (where it started). (If you
can't find it, it's close to the red dots.) I tried to define different
(close) positions to start and end (that's why there's two red dots and two
blue dots) but that didn't work either.

I thinked on duplicating the twoway streets, but that would not be correct,
as it's two twoway streets, not four oneway streets. What should I do?

Thanks in advance

--
Arlindo Saraiva Pereira Jr.

Pesquisador e Desenvolvedor de Soluções em Software Livre - Circo Voador
Digital - circodigital.org.br
Bacharelando em Sistemas de Informação - UNIRIO - uniriotec.br

Profissional: arlindo at circodigital.org.br
Acadêmico: arlindo.pereira at uniriotec.br
Geral: contato at arlindopereira.com

Tel.: +5521 92504072