[OSM-newbies] Bulk import of city limits from Brazil

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Sat Jan 10 19:17:51 GMT 2009

El Sábado, 10 de Enero de 2009, Arlindo Pereira escribió:
> [...] But, those names look like XML, and if
> I mark to hidden these markers there should be appearing dots/lines from
> rio.gpx, but there's none. So I supposed that the convertion was wrong, and
> the files are corrupted.

No, the GPX files are not "corrupted", as the XML structure is intact and
valid.

I agree with you in the fact that the conversion process has gone wrong at
some point, and the data has been converted into waypoints instead of being
converted into lines. The data may have been corrupted, but the files are
not. Pequenha diferença, ne? ;-)

> Anyway, is there another method to convert those proprietary DGN files to a
> format which could be read by JOSM or other OSM editor?

I'm currently working on a method to convert DGNs (spanish 1:25k topo maps)
into OSM format, by using GML as an intermediate step and my own hack-ish
gml2osm script. (I still have to wage a license war to get that data into the
main OSM DB, though)

I'll try to have a look at the DGNs, but I can't promise anything.

Cheers,
--

"Hmmm, Extra Ball you have."
                         --Yoda, Star Wars Pinball, original edition.