[OSM-newbies] What is this randomjunk_bot ?

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 10:14:18 GMT 2009

2009/1/19 Axel Jacobs <blumpsy at yahoo.co.uk>:
> While editing some areas in London, I've come across lots of nodes with tags like this:
>
> randomjunk_bot = reverted edit by FilipeOliveira on 2008-11-26T17:24:24+00:00
>
> Is this some defacement, such as what happens to 'classical' wikis if they allow unregistered editing? I must have removed two to three dozens of them. They are normally to be found by themselves, i.e. not attached to any track, although some of them are part of a track. Should I keep removing them? Could this be done with an anti-bot at data base level? Or am I just over-reacting?

They're me.

My script adds the tag when it's busy undoing very broken things.
So far that's included reclaiming some nodes stolen by Portugal (by
FilipeOliveira), and replacing a lost part of Clapham.

Feel free to remove them -- the revert didn't break so they're not
really needed any more. Similarly they're not doing any harm so
there's no need to bot-kill them or anything.

Dave