[OSM-newbies] Roundabout direction

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 14:05:22 BST 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Mike N.<niceman at att.net> wrote:
> For example, the roundabout at
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=34.81354&lon=-82.32141&zoom=17 shows the
> wrong travel direction.   I created it wrong in JOSM , but reversed it and
> re-uploaded it 4 days ago.    Is it just a case of the correction rendering
> being delayed?   The arrows point in the right direction in JOSM if I
> download it today.
>
>  The attributes are currently -
>
>  highway=residential
>  junction=roundabout
>  oneway=-1
>
>  JOSM added the oneway=-1 when I reversed the roundabout.

When you reverse a oneway=yes (or oneway=1) in JOSM it will pop up a
dialog asking you if you'd like to change the oneway tag so that it's
consistent with what what the combination of the way direction /
oneway attribute meant previously.

Since you answered yes to this JOSM changed oneway=1 to oneway=-1,
which means "The direction of this the way is opposite to the way
direction".

You can fix this by changing oneway=-1 to oneway=yes.