[OSM-newbies] How to make the driver direction is always the north direction

jiatao83 jiatao83 at 163.com
Fri Jun 12 16:57:40 BST 2009

Hi, all,
   I am looking for some free APIs or library to mashup a mobile navigation application, and I will use the OSM tile as the base map. I am just using the free libaray j2memap, But it did not provide such a API that could rotate the map so that the driver direction is always the north direction! By the way, I have found that the VGPS software provide the similar function, But it is not free. I have also tried to rotate the map tile, but this method not only distorts the map image,but also upside down the road name information when you rotate the map image by 180 degree.  Could anyone help me? Or if there is other solution to make the driver direction always the north direction?   I have been stucked by this problem for several weeks. So any Suggestion is welcomed. Please help me!  Thanks!
   Regards.
                                                                                                                                                                                                         tao