[OSM-newbies] Tracing tracks with waypoints

Nick Austin nick.w.austin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 15:43:30 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)
<ajrlists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Ah ha, looking again at the mapnik layer I see what you mean now. Lots of
> points joined in irregular order. That wasn't visible when clicking the
> original link. So I suspect you have cleaned up the problem and what is
> there is the rendering artefact that will disappear when the next re-render
> occurs.

Indeed the way had many points included multiple times.  I cleaned it
up and saved a new version last night but unfortunately I'd deleted
the original email so couldn't reply sooner.

Looking at the history will show the original database problem.

I'm also not sure why it happened but it seems that what Potlatch
saved must have been different from what it was displaying.  I see
nothing wrong with what the original poster did, it's probably just
one of those unrepeatable Potlatch glitches that seem to occur from
time to time.

Nick.