[OSM-newbies] GPX uploaded has problem

Peter Herison pherison at web.de
Tue Mar 10 21:35:10 GMT 2009

H.S.Rai schrieb:

>On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Ed Loach <ed at loach.me.uk> wrote:
>> You don't mention what GPS unit you are using.
>I used Garmin GPSmap and downloaded tracks from GPS to Laptop using "qlandkarte"

Don't use "Save Track" on the Garmin device. This will remove the
timestamps and also reduces the number of track points.
Download the "raw" track from your device.

You can check your GPX-File using a text editor. If it looks like:
---***---
 <trk>
    <name>ACTIVE LOG 001</name>
    <extensions>
    </extensions>
    <trkseg>
      <trkpt lat="48.xxxxxxx" lon="8.xxxxxxx">
        <time>2009-02-15T14:45:33Z</time>
      </trkpt>
 </trk>
---***---
than you track should be processed without error.