[OSM-newbies] [OSM-dev] GSoC'09

rajan vaish vaish.rajan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 09:51:08 GMT 2009

Sounds cool !! so point 3 deleted,looking forward to work on point 1 or 2 (
in order of preference ) ,I really want to work on Accessibility issue and
make OSM one-stop choice for people who are visually impaired. Lots of big
companies are trying hard on it,as part of my informal proposal something
similar can be done .. Please have a look how AOL uses MapQuest for the same
here >
http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?swf=http%3A//s.ytimg.com/yt/swf/cps-vfl82884.swf&video_id=Ya2U2-BcLsc&rel=1&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//i2.ytimg.com/vi/Ya2U2-BcLsc/hqdefault.jpg&sk=h9-DunQ_TioVnjgh2N2KuvirI1_yoyMjC&cr=US#038;hl=en&fs=1&rel=0
I am still exploring and in fact meeting people with this disability to get
maximum feedback ,I visited the State Blind School here in Lucknow,India and
visited Dr. U.N. Sinha (a Prof at University of Lucknow,who is visually
impaired)  who has offered any help possible for the cause.
Thing is that we need to create the output of map query in text,such that it
solves the purpose and is readable by Screen Reader,which complies to W3C
.Making a voice tool will be waste of time and effort,so best is making use
of existing technologies and modifying OSM accordingly.
Looking forward to someone who can mentor me on this,so that can discuss
detailed issues and implementation framework ..
Second point/idea is also of my interest and looking for someone to mentor
the same too ..
Thank you,
Rajan
http://linkedin.com/in/rajanvaish