[OSM-newbies] Why doesn't landuse:residential show up?

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Sat Mar 14 10:33:48 GMT 2009

Udo:

> Also, for some strange reason Mapnik does not show the closed
> path
> symbol (which can change the from clockwise to counter-
> clockwise and
> vice versa). However, I double checked it and the path *is*
> closed.

This was the clue. Go to potlatch, highlight the way and click More
to see the details. Instead of being closed with the first node of
the way being the same as the last there are 5 nodes where the way
overlaps.

I used the scissors icons on each end node of the overlap, and then
managed to select the "extra" bit of way and delete it, so the way
now shows as a polygon when selected, so hopefully this will correct
the rendering too.

Ed