[OSM-newbies] josm/wmsplugin problem

Val Harris valwharris at verizon.net
Tue Mar 24 18:03:17 GMT 2009

I'm trying to set up the wmsplugin in josm for the first time.  josm
starts, but fails to load the plugin.  I've located my
$HOME/.josm/plugins directory, and the plugin is there.  My CLASSPATH
contains $HOME/.josm/plugins/wmsplugin.jar.

Details:

O/S: Ubuntu hardy 8.04.2

josm startup messages in terminal:

Using /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java to execute josm.
mappaint: Using jar's elemstyles.xml:
"jar:file:/usr/share/josm/josm-0.0.0.20080330.jar!/styles/standard/elemstyles.xml"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
	org/openstreetmap/josm/io/MirroredInputStream

josm Dialog box:
Titled: "Select an Option"
Message: "Could not load plugin wmsplugin. Delete from preferences?"
Buttons: Yes, No, & Cancel

I suspect I don't have my CLASSPATH set correctly, although I don't know
where MirroredInputStream is defined, so don't know what other jar files
to add to the CLASSPATH.

I may have an outdated version of josm, as I used the Ubuntu
repositories to load it.

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.
Val W. Harris                        valwharris at verizon.net

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing.  If you can
fake that, you've got it made.  - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)